worm13






Welcome to the Online Resources Web Site 
for readers of 
"The Planet Whizbang 
Idea Book For Gardeners"

Bookmark this page on your computer. It is your portal to additional information, pictures and internet links. Simply scroll down through the book chapters below (which correspond to the Contents page of the book) and click to go to the online Resources information for that chapter.

This Resources web site is a work in progress. It is my intention to add more information in the days and months ahead. 

I welcome your comments and questions in the comments section of each page.


PLEASE NOTE
This "hidden" web site is only for people who have read the book. 
Please do not post any page links to this site on the internet. 
Thank you.



1—Introduction

2—How to Make & Use Solar Pyramids

3—How to Make a Whizbang T-Post Trellis Span

4—No More Tomato Cages

5—How to String-Trellis Tomatoes

6—How to Make a Whizbang T-Post Hops Pole

7—Bush-Planting Raspberries

8—How to Make Your Own Forever Plant Tags

9—How to Make Whizbang T-Post Platforms

10—How to Make a Whizbang T-Post Grape Trellis

11—Homemade Seed Envelopes

12—How to Make a Whizbang Wood & Wire Garden Tote

13—A Primer on Gardening in Tires

14—How to Make Whizbang Tire Sidewall Cloches
        (And Whizbang B.O.F. Holes)

15—How to Grow Strawberries of the Largest & Finest Quality

16—Summer Setting of New Strawberry plants

17—How to Grow Your Own Hugelberries

18—How to Make Your Own Whizbang shoulder Yoke

19—How to Harvest & Use Woodstove Biochar

20—How to Make a Whizbang Pocket Cultivator

21—The Planet Whizbang Garden Shed

22—Mark Albert's Caterpillar Cloche System

23—Shocking Gastropods

24—Grow Your Own Pyrethrum Insecticide

25—Steve Lonsky's Amazing Siphon-Tube Rain Barrels

26—Easy Carrots

27—Tri-Growing Carrots

28—Beautiful & Practical Goldenrod

29—How to Make & Use a Whizbang Garlic-Planting Template

30—Complete Specifications For The Planet Whizbang Wheel Hoe

31—How to Find & Restore a Classic Old Garden Hoe

32—My Father's Hoe

33—How to Steam-Fryalize Compost

34—An Introduction to Soil Remineralization

35—In Introduction to Brix & Brix Testing

37—A Few More Ideas For Gardeners

       Whizbang Gardening Mercantile

       Links To Additional Information

New in 2016...
I've created a WORM Site Map. Now you can easily find your way to every page on this web site. Click the WORM...

13 comments:

  1. I received your book today 6/20/13 this is great. I already have many ideas on how to use some of the project it the book, looks like I'll be busy for awhile. Thank You for your hard work on such a great book. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the book yesterday--it's wonderful. Lots of good ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book is great! It reminds me of the old Mother Earth News almanac, but very focused. And yes, I still miss the old MEN. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herrick,

    Got the book two days ago and love it. I already do something like your tomato trellis, though using cattle panels but the book is chuck full of ideas that I'll be investigating. Thank you for the great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many ideas...so little time. First on my list is the staking of my raspberry plants. Then some T-post toppers. This is the ideal book 'cause my husband always says "give me a plan" when I describe some project I want to do. Now I can give him the plans. Retired toolmaker who likes things just so!!! Recommending this book to all my gardening friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great book, Herrick! My first project is going to be summer planted Hugelberries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Herrick. I got the book this week and read it through over the weekend. I have posted a review on Amazon and shared the book on my farm's Facebook page. I have a comment of the tire gardening. I only cut one sidewall off of my tires and keep the bottom one intact. The leaves me plenty of room to plant in and it help keep the tire from drying out by retaining water in the bottom sidewall. I have never had an issue with my plants getting their roots into the ground. I plant my tires pretty full and have had no issues doing this. here are a couple of links to Youtube to show you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8tsChxf--Q

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGdXxdnBv8U

    These videos are from 2011 and 2012. This year I have even more tires in my garden, the ducks are relocated to another area and We are growing lots of food. I love the T-post ideas, especially the garden mailbox/tool shed. You may see that in a future video too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got your book put in 56 feet of remesh trellis over the week end love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael Yates @ Old Orchard FarmJune 27, 2013 at 7:02 AM

    Thanks for a practical, useful book packed full of information. Couldn't put it down. Decades old gleaning's of farming literature made wonderful addition's to the book. Looking forward to "Volume II".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used your method of planting carrots, in a small trench, watered and covered with a strip of wood, to help in germinating some of my July planted seeds. It worked great and the kale and arugula are already up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi just recently bought the electronic version (pdf) of the book as we have strived to grow decent carrots without success for years now can you just confirm the depth of the furrow you use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peter & Jeanette,

    1/4" to 1/2" of soil will do. I like to cover with 1/2" of vermiculite over the seed. It keeps the soil moist underneath and offers little resistance to the emerging seedling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! I absolutely love the book - so many fabulous ideas! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete