worm27

Dateline: 10 April 2013

How to Make Whizbang 
T-Post Platforms

This is one of the T-Post Topper prototypes I had made. I found that some of my T-posts were a bit larger than others and I had to grind them down just a bit for the pipe section to fit over the top. That isn't a problem with the wooden T-post platforms (see below).

I decided to try growing tomatoes upside down and made this T-post  setup to suspend four "tomato bag" containers. The tomato plants all died. That idea was a failure. But my wife made good use of the hanging hooks to suspend a couple containers of flowers. So the idea wasn't a total failure.

Here you can see a couple of T-Post platform applications in my wife's garden (click picture to enlarge). The bird feeder on the left and the flat rock (mentioned on page 29 of the book) on the right. 

The Wood T-Post Platform
The following pictures show some wooden T-post platforms...


Here is a finished T-post platform. It was made exactly as explained on page 28. The top os 3/4" plywood.


This is an upside-down look at the platform. I have coated the wood with a thick layer of Pat Gorham's Hoe Handle Rub.


And here is the platform in place on a T-post. Two pieces of copper electrical wire hold it securely (note the low-rider tire beds in the background).


The wire is simply twisted tight (click to see an enlarged view)

Here's a platform that I made using a piece of 1/2" HDPE plastic instead of plywood. (Note the hugelberry beds in the background. They aren't very impressive in early May, when this picture was taken)


The Bicycle Rim Trellis Tower



I hope to someday post a photo tutorial to this site detailing exactly how I make bicycle rim trellis towers. The picture above gives you the general idea of what I show on page 30 of the Garden Idea Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment